How a Desktop based Legacy Solution for Aged Care and Retirement Homes was Enhanced and Upgraded to Cloud based SaaS Solution
A multi-module cloud platform for the Healthcare & Social Assistance
The legacy desktop-based solution needed to be enhanced and upgraded. The suite of legacy solutions had limited feature set/usability and wanted to optimize their infrastructure spend to remain competitive.
IncubXperts was tasked with the mission-critical task of upgrading major modules of the aged-care solution ecosystem.
The Supplier Agreement and Refundable Accommodation Deposit modules were the first contenders to get an upgrade and take flight to the cloud.
A multi-functional Agile team of 15+ members collaborated over a period of a year to revamp the expansive solution-right from gathering domain knowledge to streamlining business modules.
Refundable Account Deposit Module:
- This module enables to seamlessly manage accommodation payment requirements for aged-care facilities.
- Compliance is taken care of by provision to automatically update government fees and charges.
- Precise in-app calculations coupled with refund and payment variation management ensures an error-free user experience.
- Simplified refund management with in-app calculations of refunds due and interest payable.
- Easy access to account and refund statements.
- Customizable deduction rules for each resident provides the much-needed flexibility.
Supplier Agreement Module:
- The module facilitates aged care providers to manage supplier and brokered service agreements adherent to related compliances.
- This multi-faceted module also acts as a Supplier CRM by facilitating supplier data storage along with management & storage of documents.
- Easy agreement and insurance renewal tracking and timely renewal reminders to facilities and suppliers.
- The module also allows to track flu vaccination status of authorised supplier personnel.
Adaptive to readily accommodate changing industry and compliance norms.
- Reporting feature to get a snapshot of relevant supplier details in a single view.
A Hassle-free Flight to the cloud
- Amazon Web Services has been leveraged for a smooth transition to the cloud.
- AWS has enabled Data storage and hosting, while ensuring optimum security, recovery, scalability, and availability.
.NET Core MVC, React JS (Bootstrap), AWS, AWS S3 bucket, SQL Server, HTML CSS, Git & GitHub, Bitbucket, AWS multi-tenant architecture
Enhancing the existing legacy application has resulted in remarkable benefits for the software provider and its vast user base, alike:
- Calculations Automated:
Automatic calculations of deductions, variations, and refunds within the app has helped save thousands of hours of manual calculation efforts.
- Always Compliant:
Inbuilt compliance features and timely updates of changing compliance norms has helped aged care facilities across Australia to keep up with government regulations.
- Improved Document Management:
Keeping all the supplier and agreement data in one place has reduced chaos in managing distributed documentation and helped save hours of time and effort in managing physical documentation.
- Data mobility:
Users now have easy access to the data on the move from any device.
- Cost Savings:
The movement to the cloud allows the software provider to pay for only what is needed, resulting in up to 45% of cost saving.