Technology to the Rescue- Realtime Assistance For Snakebite Patients
Mobile and Web Solution Enabling Critical Care For Snake Bite Patients | In Collaboration with Serum Institute & GOI
India has the highest number of reported and unreported snake bites in the world!
Snakebite victims must receive appropriate medical care during the vital golden hour period.
Giving rise to the need for a reliable technology backed solution for proper reporting, tracking, and providing required medical aid to the patients.
IncubXperts partnered with one of India’s largest pharmaceutical companies (Serum) and the Government of India. The objective was to demonstrate the reporting and tracking of snake bites incidents effectively using a technology backbone.
- We built a Xamarin mobile app and a Web solution on Azure that integrated with existing Anti Venom inventory systems.
- Google maps integration was used to route patients to the nearest Primary Health Care Center having AntiVenom inventory.
- The Twilio Call center cloud solution initiated a triangular call to offer real-time assistance to patients by expert doctors during the golden hour.
- The objective was met with a working prototype, and a decision was taken to implement the same technology framework at a larger scale.
Android, Xamarin, firebase analytics, ASP.NET Web API, MS SQL Server, Azure Web App, ASP.NET MVC 5, Azure SQL database, Twilio Cloud Telephony API for Outbound/Inbound triangular calls, SMS
- The solution was successful in providing real-time assistance to snakebite patients in the vital golden hour, preventing deaths
- The Success of this solution led to the implementation of the same technology framework on a larger scale
- Quick and Easy access to healthcare professionals proved to be a life-saving measure