30 Mar 2023
A JS Library refers to a piece of reusable code that is written to accomplish one specific task. Applications can link to a library and then access either functions, objects, or methods depending on the functionality needed. The advantage of a Library is that it eliminates the need to rewrite code, resulting in efficient and error-free coding.
Angular vs. React vs. Vue - How Do They Compare, and When to Use What?
Pros Of Angular
- Angular offers the best bang for the buck.
- Angular uses a relatively simple architecture, making it easier to code lightweight apps quickly.
Cons Of Angular
- Angular has a steep learning curve and is not a good framework for SEO.
- Its documentation is not updated regularly, which added to the problem.
- Angular is not the best choice for building cross-platform apps.
React is a Library that Facebook created in 2013.
Being a library and not a framework means that you completely control your application and can incorporate parts of the library you need, which is not an option when using frameworks. This gives React a huge advantage over Angular if a customizable website or application is needed.
Pros Of React
- React has clean and simple code, making it SEO-friendly due to negligible page load times.
- React performs extremely well in cross-platform workflows.
Cons Of React
- React requires a strong knowledge of JSX.
- Frequent updates can lead to tools becoming obsolete often.
Pros Of Vue
- High website performance.
- Robust error reporting functionality.
Cons Of Vue
- There are no large-scale projects to learn from.
- Vue is known to have issues with IOS and Safari.
How Do They Compare?
Here is a quick comparison of the three to help you decide which is the for your project.
|Framework Type||Full-featured framework||Library||Progressive Framework|
|Data Binding||Two-way data binding||One-way data binding||Two-way data binding|
|Templating||HTML-based templates||JSX templates||HTML-based templates|
|Rendering||Server-side rendering||Client-side rendering||Client-side rendering|
|Community Support||Large and active community||Large and active community||Growing community|
|Popular Examples||Gmail, Forbes, Weather.com||Facebook, Netflix, WhatsApp||Behance, Grammarly|
Summing It Up
Each of the frameworks excels in its own right. What to choose primarily comes down to your project needs.
If you are looking to build large scalable apps and have an experienced team, go with Angular. If cross-platform performance is the primary factor, React is probably your best choice. For lightweight and intuitive apps and a novice development team, Vue is the way to go.
Being in the application development space for as long as we have, we have had the opportunity to leverage all these frameworks across a wide spectrum of projects.
Here are a few interesting case stories where we put these JS frameworks to task: